Friday, January 25, 2019

I am on a lonely road and I am traveling traveling, traveling, traveling - looking for something, what can it be? (Joni Mitchell)

Wie geht's?

Joni Mitchell appeared on the latest Mojo cover (awesome picture from the Hejira era), so that meant returning to her seventies albums as I read about her life and songs in the main article.

This quote leapt out from an interview:
You have to pull the weeds in your soul when you are young, when they are sprouting, otherwise they will choke you (Joni Mitchell).
I went back to it a few times as I continued to work through her early albums (what a stunning bunch they are too - Hejira, Blue, Clouds and Court and Spark continue to dazzle - just sayin').

The wider context of that quote was:
I think men write very dishonestly about breakups. I wanted to be capable of being responsible for my own errors. If there was friction between me and another person, I wanted to be able to see my participation in it so I could see what could be changed and what could not. That is part of the pursuit of happiness. You have to pull the weeds in your soul when you are young, when they are sprouting, otherwise they will choke you (Joni Mitchell).
Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: