Wednesday, July 7, 2021

In the half light, on this mad night I hear a voice in time (Rory Gallagher)


Wie geht's?

Last week of school this week and the prospect of two weeks holiday feels like bliss. I know teachers get bad press about holidays but it's a stressful job and my staff and I have been running on fumes for these last two weeks. In fact, last week was worse, at least we can smell some rest and recuperation stumbling into view now.

So, what is in store for me during the break?

A trip to Wellington and Te Papa is a key item - Jacky and I have been looking forward to the Surrealist Art exhibition since we saw it first advertised on television. That was prior to the recent Covid-19 scare in our capital. It's open again now thank goodness.

What's that? Slow Boat Records? Oh, go on then - it would be rude not too (they are expecting me after all).

Apart from that I hope to sit around a spell and read. I'm almost at the 700 page mark with Nicholas Nickleby - only 100 pages to go. The pile of books has been growing since taking on my latest Dickens (it includes Bleak House but I'll be leaving that for a while) so I won't be running out of stuff anytime soon.

But for now - it's Thursday morning in NZ and in England the teams are about to come out for the semi-final at Wembley stadium and I'm listening to BBC Radio Five Live.

Great atmosphere as Sweet Caroline rings around the ground.

All to play for.

Come on England!!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: