Thursday, June 16, 2022

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues (David Bowie)



Wie geht's?

Wonder of wonders! Customer service is alive and well and living in the Hastings' Hannahs shoe store. I'll even forgive them for their apostrophe crime.

A few months ago, I bought a pair of formal black shoes for school from the Hannahs store in Palmerston North.

After I'd broken them in, I noticed some sort of fault with the left shoe. I couldn't pin it down. I tried moving the inner sole around a few times. Nothing worked.

When I eventually mentioned it to Jacky, she suggested I take them to Hannahs in Hastings to maybe get a new inner sole.

So, after school, in between locking the campus and my haircut appointment with Cheryl at Urban Retreat, I wandered into Hannahs with my problematic shoes. I mentioned I'd bought them in Palmerston North and the lovely young lady took a gander.

I waited for her to tell me that, sadly, she couldn't help me - I'd need to take them back to where I'd bought them.

Instead, she spotted a fault with the actual left shoe, did some paperwork, had me try on a new pair of the same shoe and then, with a minimum of fuss, gave me the shoes!

Gobsmacked! Flabberghasted!! Dumbfounded!!

Surely this couldn't be right. 

I again told her I hadn't actually bought them from the Hastings' store. No problem, she said. If these ones aren't right just bring them back, she said. 

When I'd regained the power of speech, I told her that I was going to buy my shoes forever more, from her, and exited the store an INCREDIBLY happy (new) customer.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: