Saturday, February 11, 2023

We love The Arsenal, we do!

Arsenal v AC Milan in Dubai*


Wie geht's?

The crowd chanted 1 nil to The Arsenal after we went ahead against Brentford this morning (4.00am NZ kick off).

But I wasn't confident of a clean sheet, to be fair.

Sure enough - a professional foul by the Brentford (since when is clashing the defender behind his back allowed??) led to a scrappy goal and we finished up 1-1.

After the Everton loss this is another blow but football always keeps fans on their toes with a dodgy feeling in the collective pits of their stomachs.

Winning in sport is never guaranteed. We wouldn't be drawn to the drama if it was.

Manchester City in midweek - a real toughie. Come on Arsenal! 

Love and peace - Gooner Wozza


* The ticket above was from our recent trip to Dubai. I was lucky enough to see Arsenal play (and beat) AC Milan in the Premier League lull while the World Cup was on in Qatar. I had an alert on my phone that the Dubai Super Cup was happening and when I checked I realized I'd be in Dubai for it. Not only that, it was within walking distance from our hotel.

What a great privilege to see the boys in action!

No comments: