Monday, March 16, 2015

You’ll never know the hurt I suffered nor the pain I rise above (Bob Dylan)

Those pictures rock me to the core!

I had dental work done recently - went for a clean and the x ray spotted some large fillings coming loose. Of course it did. 

Ho hum. What are ya gonna do? Your own dentistry? I think not.

Jaw was still a tad sore a few days later. I know - get a concrete pill. The actual work on the fillings didn't hurt though, alhamdulillah. 

Anyway, while I was there getting the last of them done I spotted some old dental equipment being used as a prop. Sent chills down my spine.

Back when I was a student at Royal Oak Primary School (Yay Royal Oak Primary!), along with my classmates, I had to go on a bus to what we called, The Murder House. 

It was gruesome. Rows of women like the one in the picture learning to be dental nurses, effectively practising on young kids. It was brutal.

I hated it! With a passion!  

The psychological damage done to us innocent children cannot be calculated. The bus ride was hideous; the walk into the place horrible; the pain we underwent unconscionable.

Euuuiihhhhh (that was a shudder). Glad that doesn't happen these days. That's progress I guess.

Love and peace - Wozza



No comments: