Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Whan zephirus eek with his sweete breeth inspired hath in every holt and heeth tendre croppes (Geoffrey Chaucer)

November last year: the last time I used my cross trainer. 

Sadly since then it's been undergoing repairs in Napier.

But on Monday I was given a loaner while the struggle to repair the beast continued - something about resistance motors, magnets, and servos (I think). As you know I'm not the most mechanically minded male so my eyes tend to glaze over quickly when people try explaining this stuff to me. My brain just doesn't work that way.

The fixer (lovely guy, Vern) is very helpful but he's been crook so I've had to be patient. Luckily, the Tongariro Crossing adventure and work around Red Phoenix Farm and now Rochdene has meant I'm still pretty active.

But getting the loaner meant I was finally able to get back into a (semi) regular exercise regime. I aim for two days a week and one session on the weekend.

It was a good feeling - there's nothing like the sense of achievement of successfully negotiating an exercise programme, but I definitely miss my regular cross trainer (the one we brought back from Al Ain). 

I managed 30 minutes and didn't raise a sweat so I must be at a reasonable fitness level. Not quite ready for the sweat bands, weights onto my wrists or headbands yet though - give it a month or two!

Love and peace - Wozza

P.S. Please note well the new layout to celebrate spring! Hope you like all those earth tones and green shoots!

No comments: