Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I'm walking on sunshine, whoa (Katrina and The waves)

In praise of: Fitbit.


Is it a watch? Is it a pedometre? Is it a heart monitor? Is it a sleep monitor? Is it a calorie counter?

Um...yes, it is!

I've flirted with the idea of one of those fitness tracking bracelet thingys for a while. 

I couldn't resist any more and during some retail therapy on the long weekend SWMBO and I both took the plunge.

Hey, I'm my father's son! He loved gadgets and he would be VERY impressed by the range of data coming my way from my Fitbit bracelet.

Once it's synced it gives a huge range of breakdowns including my fitness times, sleep activity, and general daily exercise.

I haven't set any specific targets yet but that will be fun too.

It's light, with a great robust strap and unlike my smart phone, the battery lasts for 5 days. Amazing! Oh, and I don't have to wear my fluro Nike sweatbands while it does its bits!

All that and it looks pretty cool too. 

The only downside is my lovely watch (you'll remember the watch story from the Middle East I'm sure) has gone into temporary hibernation until I can figure out how to wear both devices.

Being right handed it's natural these things go on my left hand. Sigh. Problems, problems.

I'll get right onto that dilly of a pickle and get back to you!


Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: