Thursday, February 16, 2017

The love you take is equal to the love you make (The Beatles)

Epilogue (You may say I'm a dreamer - the end)

Move on fast! Wozza shifts gear - into the future!

Age 59, looking out my window as the sun sets on Rochdene and the autobiography.

It's been a long strange trip so far. We've been through some things together over eleven chapters, with trunks of memories to come.

Although Keith Richards is right - you can't celebrate the future (things which haven't happened yet) but you can celebrate the idea of a future (the potential to come).

Hurrah!! Here's to the future!

It's the start of the school year and for my students that means setting some goals - I recommend two: a learning goal and a personal goal.

I wrote mine out while some of my students were writing theirs. My personal goal is to get back to writing blog posts well in advance of the publishing date. That way I'll build up a bank of posts and be able to edit more thoroughly than I have been able to so far this year. By so doing, my writing will improve.

My learning goal is an ambitious one: to read fifty books by February 2018! So far lately, my reading has centred on music magazines. I want to stretch my reading beyond that. At roughly one book a week, this goal will really challenge me, given all of the things I pack into a week.

As well as my students keeping me honest, this blog will trace my progress through those fifty books!

First up - a book of Ferlinghetti's poetry I picked up from the famous City Lights bookstore in San Francisco.

Tally ho!!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: