Monday, March 13, 2017

All together now, all together now (The Beatles)

The newest iteration of my music room, Abbey Road Three, is now complete (readers with long memories will know that I had AR1 at Otane and AR2 at Waipuk).

The builders took three days to divide the garage and I took a week to paint it as well as I ever paint anything and the carpet went down a few days ago. Moving in took the best part of another week (I have a LOT of stuff).

Decorating was completed on the weekend and now...aarrrr...deep contented sigh...it's ready for use!





It's week five (of 52) of my goal and I'm up to Book 5 - Watching The English (Kate Fox).

On the shelf for ages, this one has now made its way to the front of the queue. It's sub-titled
'The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour' and it hits home often!

As our links with mother England are particularly strong for New Zealanders of my generation and earlier, we will definitely find themselves peering out of this book.

Basically it tackles our tendency to awkwardness, embarrassment, reserve and general social ineptitude and inhibition. 

Hmmmm.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: