Wednesday, August 1, 2018

I want to live the real life (John Mellencamp)

Photo by Aditya Chinchure on Unsplash
Wie geht’s?

You find me in a kind of limbo land – as SWMBO succinctly summed up recently - we have no house, no cars, no pets, and there's only a week left before we leave New Zealand to live in England.

It’s vaguely unsettling, exciting, and curiously satisfying. All at the same time. John Mellencamp famously called for life to be lived ‘close to the bone’, and this is our version.

Currently, we are staying in idyllic surroundings in a one bed unit - an air B and B by a lake in the countryside. We have all we need – a place for our suitcases, cooking facilities and a bed.

There is no coverage in our unit but last night I put on my winter woollies and managed to find a signal ten metres away and conducted my phone business in the UK by moon light.

No dramas, apart from my inadvertently standing in the way of the driveway’s early alert beam. The owner saw the funny side and was relieved to find me holding various pieces of paper, a phone, and not anything more threatening.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: