Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sugar Magnolia blossom's blooming (The Grateful Dead)


Wie geht's?

Caterham's high street, like most high streets from what I can see, has a profusion of charity shops and that means loads of quality DVDs and CDs on offer.

Problem is that many of the DVDs are available on Netflix. But once in a while I come across an interesting one that probably isn't.

Magic Trip (Ken Kesey's Search for a Kool Place) was gobbled up for a quid!

Of course, I had to watch it when the LOML was otherwise engaged because it was mos def not her cup of Kool.

But I loved it - Ken Kesey (of Merry Prankster/ Further/ One Flew Over...fame) was left of centre and so were his mates: Neal Cassady comes across as a complete nutter; Jack Kerouac severely a fish out of water; Allen Ginsberg a star struck kid and the Grateful Dead as acid head doodlers.

So yeah, I guess there's an element of truth to the film - these people existed and the times were what they were.

Given my love of the beat poets and the Dead it was great viewing.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: