Wednesday, November 21, 2018

This is a modern world (The Jam)


Wie geht's?

A few posts ago I mentioned the ipod situation.

It's a classic (pun intentional) case of brand obsolescence.

My ipod Classic's battery is giving up the ghost. After turning down the offer to queue to make an appointment to talk about it at Stratford City Mall, I decided to buy a replacement and transfer my music files.

Not so fast. The ipod Classic is no more (rather unfortunate name then, huh Apple).

Seems Joe Public doesn't use them much now - all bright shiny phones and Spotify.

What they could and did sell me was an ipod Touch. It appears to be an iphone apart from the fact you can't use it as a phone! But I can store music on it. Wahoo.

Now the problem centres on how I can retrieve stuff from my ipod Classic and put on my ipod Touch.

Not straight forward and I am still to master that. Instead I've loaded my new CDs from FOPP and HMV onto it. My new vinyl, hopefully, to come after I've transferred them into MP3 files.

Complicated. 

As you know, Occam's razor is deep in my DNA and all this faffing about is wounding my soul.

Hey ho.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: