Sunday, May 12, 2019

And my mother's eyes are with me in the chilly winds of autumn (Bette Midler)

DMP, 1976

Wie geht's Jeanette and Patrick?

Mothers' Day has rolled around again in Nu Zild.

Jade's first. LOML's 34th. Dulcie Mary Purdy's 61st.

Although the joy of Asher and Jade's new status has now become a welcome feature of Mothers' Day, there's always a twinge of sadness for me as each one reminds me of what I don't have. 

Not being alone in this is not really a comfort.

Every day starts with me looking at their photo beside my bed and saying hi to both my parents. I miss them both, so much sometimes I ache.

Again - not alone. Again - not a comfort.

Each of us have to negotiate this. Jeanette understands this.

My thoughts were also with our friend Patrick for this one as he recently lost his mother. Before we left London, he gave us a Mothers' Day card to deliver for him.

Sadly, his mother passed away before the day rolled around. But, I still have the card. Unopened. I'll keep it for him. He may want it back some day.

Love and peace - Warana

No comments: