Tuesday, September 24, 2019

People try to put us d-down (talkin' 'bout my generation) just because we g-g-get around (The Who)


Wie geht's?

Recently, I helped my mother-in-law celebrate her 80th birthday.

Thanks to Pat (Great GM), Brian (Great GD), Jacky (their eldest), Jade (her youngest) and Asher (her son), the event was memorable for bringing together four generations of the Smith branch. Photo evidence above is Exhibit A.

Generational connections are special. I treasure a photo I have of four generations of my father's line - with my Great Grandfather, Grandfather, father and me.

I'm sure Asher will come to look back at the photo above and wonder about who we all were (really), what we were doing, where we were.

Lovely to think of those connections stretching back - not a long way, in the grand scheme of things, but far enough. 

There may or may not be any Great Great GM/GF photos so this is as good as it gets for a while.

Love and peace - WNP

No comments: