Thursday, May 21, 2020

A frouzy mourning of soot and smoke attired this forlorn creation (Charles Dickens)


Wie geht's?

Books bought: as above. All from The Little Red Book Shop in Hastings. 

Books read: Great Expectations (and I'm still going)

With being back to school and school being crazy busy this week, I've only had brief snippets of time to read for pleasure; 15 minutes while eating breakfast and 15 minutes while Jacky has her bath.

I'm loving Great Expectations - so different to the other Dickens' novels I've read this year. The language continues to amaze, excite, baffle, and delight.

Here are a few words I have come across so far that were new discoveries:
Farinaceous 
Contumaciously 
Gormandising 
Ophthalmic (steps) 
Excrescence 
Frouzy (mourning of soot)
Aren't they great!!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: