Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Here comes the sun, and I say it's all right (The Beatles)

View from the music lounge after I do my first zoom of the day

Wie geht's?

Ongoing extentions to Nu Zild's Level 4 lockdown mean that we're all continuing to work from home and because of some internet issues in the outer rim of Maple Grove's vast complex of out buildings, I've moved my base of operations into the main house.

Specifically, the formal music lounge at the front of the house.

It has the advantage of being where the modem is located, has my UK turntable/CD player/amp/speakers, gets the morning sun streaming in the windows (great on frosty mornings like today), and has a lovely view of the front garden (pictured above).



The only downside is the sun streaming in the windows onto my screen for early morning zoom calls.

When we moved in to Maple Grove, I redecorated the room and Jacky removed all the curtains.

Since then I've not minded especially as I'm normally at school during the week and weekends don't find me in the music lounge (mainly because Jacky insists on closing its door because there are no curtains to keep the warmth in and it's f f f frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrezzing!!! Chur JFP).

Anyway, because of the needs must situation with the zooms I ordered some roller blinds from Briscoes (taking advantage of their 50% off sale). Unfortunately we'll need to go down an alert level before they deliver them (no click and collect option sadly).

In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the sunrises in all their glory and greeting zoom participants during this part of the day with a squint.

Love and peace - Wozza.

No comments: