Monday, May 16, 2022

Ramble on and now's the time, the time is now (Led Zeppelin)

Photo by Daniel Mingook Kim on Unsplash

Wie geht's?

In pensive mood, I often find myself reading the excerpt by Michel de Montaigne that I've highlighted on the right-hand column. 

Up to this point I thought that summed up the whole purpose of writing posts for the weblog pretty well. Then I came across this quote from Arthur Miller (courtesy of Swiss Miss) and he appears to be riffing off that same idea: 
“I’m a writer, and everything I write is both a confession and a struggle to understand things about myself and this world in which I live. This is what everyone’s work should be…whether you dance or paint or sing. It is a confession, a baring of your soul, your faults, those things you simply cannot or will not understand or accept. You stumble forward, confused, and you share. If you’re lucky, you learn something.”
– Arthur Miller
I can definitely relate to 'you stumble forward, confused, and you share. If you’re lucky, you learn something.'

Seems to me that both excerpts sum up a weblog pretty blimin' succinctly. I'll be adding that below the Montaigne in due course.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: