Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Breathing in, I am mindful that my heart is working night and day for me. Breathing out, I smile to my heart (Thich Nhat Hanh)

The Three Magpies pub, Heathrow.


Wie geht's?

Deep breath in.

Breathe out.

It's taking a while to settle back into life at Maple Grove. 

You can probably identify - for a month we were on a travel itinerary - either travel days or activity days - seeing amazing things and embedding ourselves into the local environment.

Routines head west on a vacation, hotel beds are a lottery and run the continuum from too soft to too hard, time zone changes disrupt the body clock, living out of a suitcase is different, and eating out means eating things we normally wouldn't.

Out of Nu Zild, we aim to make the most of the differences by enjoying Paul's, Caffè Nero, Costa Coffee, IHOP, Rae's Diner, plus pub lunches and dinners.


Caffè Nero (Upper Street)


Breathe in.

Breathe out.

It's a shock to the system when that regime ends with a return to Maple Grove. It didn't help that I picked up a viral bug from the plane (not covid related - I had a second positive for covid in England but felt fine throughout it with no symptoms). So, for the last week I've had aches, coughs, runny nose, temperatures. Not fun times, but it will pass.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

We now have all the animals back from their boarding locations while we were away, and I'm gearing up for work. Head office went back on Monday so the email flow is starting up again. Routines will quickly kick in from Monday morning - our first official day for 2023.

Love and peace - Wozza

 

No comments: