Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ground control to Major Tom

Life in Doha for us at the moment is split into me being at work (try http://baggytrewsers.blogspot.com/ for that stuff) and Jacky and Jade visiting the souqs (markets) and malls (malls). They've also done a bit of sightseeing around the corniche (the walkway by the seashore).

I've snaffled Jade's pictures of what they've been up to - here's a selection. First a view from the corniche looking at downtown Doha.



Jacky and friend at a souq. The guy in the background is wearing a thobe - what all Qatari men wear.
The ice-skating rink at the city centre mall.


We're at the city centre mall looking down on the rink.



I can't get over how much of the city is a construction zone - this includes road works where they are improving the infrastructure of desalinated water and fiber around the place.


and this is a building project next to the hotel I was in, while doing some interviewing of Principals. I watched at times while guys worked on the bricks on the top floor - no safety harnesses of any kind! I got vertigo just watching them!





Till next time - as salam alaykum, alaykum as salam - Wozza

No comments: