Thursday, May 23, 2013

If only you believe in miracles, baby, so would I (Jefferson Starship)

Twice a week at school we have chapel. The theme at the moment is miracles. Keep that in mind.

I blogged a while ago about the dire season Arsenal FC was having. It was a familiar feeling - we were alive in all four cups and okay in the league position but it was clear we were going to continue to struggle in games and that Bayern Munich would do us in the Champions league (they did), we would get knocked out of the League Cup (we did) and the FA Cup (yep - that happened too).

At the time Spurs (booooooo hissssss) were three hundred points ahead of us and I saw doom and depression everywhere.

I should have had more faith. I was a doubting Thomas and I apologise to Mr Wenger and the blokes. By some miracle (remember the theme?) we ended the season in 4th spot, above Spurs!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry but if I was a Spurs supporter I would still be crying into my pint of London Pride. They must be shaking their heads and wondering how on earth they let a lead of three hundred points slip away...again!

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Cry me a river. Wah waaar.

So in many ways it was Groundhog day - Arsenal finish without silverware but qualify for the Champions League. It's gratifying when the sun rises in the east, Arsenal finish above Spurs and Rochdale finish mid table in League two. Life is good!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: