Monday, July 14, 2014

Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes (Bloom in the glow of happiness)

Germany 1 Argentina 0
Brazil 0 Holland 3


Superheroic Schweinsteiger
Oh no! What am I going to do now??

The FIFA World Cup is...sob...choke...sniffle...OVER!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Say it ain't so.

It's been a wonderful memorable delicious month and a bit of world class football.

Delicious? I hate the commentator (are they still called that?) who did this morning's final. Too verbose by half and how many times did he use 'delicious'? Is this the new buzz word?


Anyway - back to me - I've watched every game, got up early to catch the first game each day, put up with football dreams (I've saved a few goals on the goal line but kicked SWMBO a few times in the process - doh!), and loved pretty much every minute of the latest World Cup.

I was hoping Arsenal/ Germany would win the final (three key members of the team are gunners) and yet, I still felt sorry for Messi. He is amazing but unfortunately he peaked early in the tournament and the rest of his team of individuals couldn't match the group focus of Germany in the final.

won't forget the Brazil drubbing in a hurry either. That's going to hurt for a while.

My top 5 moments from this morning and yesterday's games

  • Those shots of Christ The Redeemer
  • Podolski's selfie celebrations
  • Neymar's appearance and sheepish smile
  • The singing of the national anthems
  • Mats Hummels' and Bastian Schweinsteiger's exhausted leave-it-all-on-the-pitch approach.

Love and peace - Wozzasacker

No comments: