Monday, May 8, 2017

I'm tipping over backwards, I'm so ambitious (Talking Heads)


Recently, I added this link to my Jewels For The Thirsty blog - the suggestion being to read books you normally wouldn't.
Here’s a reading challenge: Pick up a book you’re pretty sure you won’t like — the style is wrong, the taste not your own, the author bio unappealing. You might even take it one step further. Pick up a book you think you will hate, of a genre you’ve dismissed since high school, written by an author you’re inclined to avoid. Now read it to the last bitter page.
But what exactly in this bizarro world would be a book that I would normally hate?

As I'll usually give anything a go, I'm struggling to think of something. 

What would you choose?

First thing I tried to do in a recent visit to The Piggery (quality second hand book shop in Whangarei) was to think of a genre that I haven't tried. I wandered around for about an hour, ended up with an armful of books I wanted to read, but nothing that was a reading challenge as outlined above.

I'm up for a challenge, so, after some further musing, and after the current pile, I'll give it another go next time I make it in to the vast urban metropolis of Whangarei.

Love and peace - Wozza 

No comments: