Saturday, September 2, 2017

Tell me how do you feel (New Order)


Watching Dunkirk last week drove me back to the original Winston Churchill speech and then, in typical surfing the interweb fashion, on to another movie version. Interesting to compare the two for emotional impact. 

For me, the biopic's visuals and the editing of the speech from the supposed writing to radio delivery is the more powerful, but, you be the judge.






What I really did love about the above scene was the moment Winston's young female secretary, typing the speech, noticed he'd entered another room. Her immediate reaction to follow him with a notepad said so much. No eye roll or sign of annoyance. Just obedience to the speech. 

Absorbed in the moment, masterful in thought, Winston's wandering was also a great character moment. 

My literary goal continues into the start of week 31 with the latest books: #33 - Notes on a Scandal (Zoë Heller) - a doozy story with a twisted narrator; and I've just started number 34 Millennium People (J G Ballard). 

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: