Thursday, February 8, 2018

I write only when inspiration strikes. Fortunately it strikes every morning at nine o’clock sharp (W. Somerset Maugham)

Photo by Sandis Helvigs on Unsplash
I suck already with my writing goal for this year. Spontaneity is working out over pro-activity big time. I'm out of whack. Imbalanced.

Doh!

How can I get organised and write better posts? Last year I read a book a week for goodness sake. This shouldn't be that difficult.

Time and motivation are not really an issue. I love writing. I love blogging. And yet, I suck at preparing posts in advance and honing them before I hit 'publish'.

Why? 

Well, for a start my notebook lacks weasels (writing ideas/plans so cunning they have tails). So my fall back material is often bare (okay, dry) and I don't know what I am writing ahead of my publishing deadline.

Looking for help with this, I found an interesting article on how to write more blog posts. The author, Pam Neely, gave nine pieces of advice. If you blog it's worth your time.

After considering her advice, my aim is to correct my imbalance. For this I am taking the view of Hsing Yun: I need to consider the big stuff - my life budget. Everything is relevant to my life budget (inwards and outwards resources).

This will include time, situation, ideas, reflection and weasels.

Planning, thinking, writing better blogposts will flow once I get all my ducks in a row.

Love and peace - WNP

No comments: