Monday, January 13, 2020

Gee, I really love you and we're gonna get married - goin' to the chapel of love (The Dixie Cups)

Whanau at Fanfa's wedding: Adam; me; Jacky;Fanfa;Jesse;Jade;Ashleigh; Keegan

Wie geht's?

Big week for the whanau this week as we head towards Jade's wedding on Friday.

As Father-of-the-Bride, I've been working on my speech and thinking about what I should say to celebrate the day.

Need to hit the right notes.

Also been thinking about other family weddings: Samantha and Jesse (the above photo); Adam and Ashleigh (below); Warren and Jacky - almost 36 years ago that one; and the big one without which etc - Graham and Dulcie Purdy.


Whanau at Adam's wedding: Fanfa; Jesse; Ashleigh; Jacky: Adam;me;Keegan; Jade
Me; Jacky; Graham Purdy

Graham and Dulcie

In a crazy co-incidence William's parents were married on the same day as us! April 21, 1984. That's a good omen!

Love and peace - father of the bride

No comments: