Sunday, May 23, 2021

Can I see your sweet sweet smile? (Neil Young)




Wie geht's?

Sunday in NZ usually includes a family zoom with our children dispersed around the world (Keegan/China; Samantha/USA; Adam/Australia; Jade/NZ) except Adam and Ashleigh arrive in NZ today and join us, along with Jade and Asher, at Maple Grove next week.

That will be cool to have two of the four with us again. Sadly Keegan and Samantha remain in their respective countries.

Getting the band back together is now extremely tricky (even on zoom!) and we miss having easy access to them. But - that's the situation. They are living their lives.

No one prepares you for this bit - the growing up and away of your children. I have a fresh appreciation of how my parents felt when I finally left the family home to go flatting and then moved to New Plymouth to start my first job (where I met Jacky and four children and thirty-ish years later - here I am with this realisation - insert a melancholy smiley face emoji here).


Samantha had her birthday celebrations in NZ and America in the last week, so this post is dedicated to her and her sweet sweet smile.

Love and peace - WNP

No comments: