Saturday, May 8, 2021

Makes it kind of quiver down in the core 'cause you're dreamin' of them Saturdays that came before, and now you're stumblin', you're stumblin' onto the heart of Saturday night (Tom Waits)


Wie geht's?

All roads lead to memories of England this week.

First I happened across McVities Digestives in our local New World foodmarket. Now if anything is going to make me nostalgic for times in England - that's it right there! Two digestives with Olivani in the middle! Woah Nelly!! So good.

Secondly, I'm reading Ian McEwan's Saturday (thanks to Julie for the loan). Named so, because all the 'action' takes place on one day - the main character's Saturday comings and goings around London. It's excellent. Ian McEwan is a talented writer.

Thirdly, I walked into the second hand bookshop in Waipukarau looking for more books by him (they didn't have any) when I saw this large print of a London street scene with a red double decker bus featured. It's a print I've seen before in IKEA (made in Poland of all places). So - interesting how it came to be in Waipuk! After some haggling I walked away with it.

It's now on the wall in Asher's bedroom. Looking super fine!

Tirrah Chuck. Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: