Wednesday, October 20, 2021

I'll find the constant flow of all the harmony. Everybody needs a helpin' hand (Santana)


Wie geht's?

Back in the bib and tucker this week, with two days in Gisborne and two in Hastings. Travelling early in the week tends to zap my brain cells a bit and my routines get all out of whack.

The blog regimes definitely get disrupted, and so I haven't found the space to eek out anything for a few days.

Oh me oh my.

The drive to Gisborne from Takapau takes me about 4 hours. I usually stop off in Wairoa but the cafe I like isn't open on Mondays so this time I drove straight through on both days. That means roughly three and a half hours of driving the testing up and down and twisting road to Wairoa and then onwards to Gisborne. Not a lot of fun.

Gisborne is lovely when you actually get there, but like many places in Nu Zild you need a compelling reason to go (I'm thinking of places like New Plymouth, northland, and the whole of the east coast of the North Island).

When you think about it, vast tracts of both islands are very isolated - makes covid-19 inoculations extremely challenging because the vaccination needs to go to the people, not the people to the vaccination for a large percentage of Kiwis.

Anyway. I'm back at Maple Grove. Ready for an extra long weekend (Hawke's Bay anniversary and Labour Day) and more vegetable garden planting. 

Keep it real (and please - get the jab).

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: