Thursday, August 10, 2023

Golden years whop whop whop (David Bowie)



Wie geht's?

I'm not really a podcast guy. Listening to a lengthy programme of people talking doesn't usually float my boat.

I'll make exceptions for anything Bob Mortimer is involved in because he's ridiculously funny, and now I've started working through The Album Years podcast.

Each episode is just about the length of my commute so I've done two a day this week.

It's from Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness. If you've read my previous post you know who Steven Wilson is. His friend and fellow musician Tim Bowness make up No-Man (I warmly recommend Wild Opera).

The podcast has our unlikely heroes (a.k.a. self confessed music nerds) discussing some key, non rock canon, albums of each chosen year. It's funny and perceptive and wildly opinionated and I'm loving it.

User guide

Key words: zeitgeist; sonics; interesting; beautiful; linear; canon; no-risk disc.  

I'd suggest you adopt my linear method and start at episode 1, but you can also leap into any year you fancy. Each episode is stand alone.

Steven is the fast talker on the left channel, Tim is on the right.

Bye bye.

Love and peace - Wozza

 


No comments: