Sunday, January 21, 2018

Why does it always rain on me (Travis)


Image result for black wasp


Impressions of summer


  • Wasps - while taking a lead rope off Beetlebaum in the long grass of the driveway I thought I'd stepped back onto a thistle, then I saw what I thought were big black flies on my legs - nope - wasps. Black wasps. Having disturbed their sub-ground nest, they took retribution. Jeepers, a week later my legs still hurt like the blazers!!
  • Hot hot heat - on the deck the mercury was saying 35 degrees most days (apart from the three day storm in early January)
  • Water - either not enough (we needed to order some water before our visitors arrived before Christmas), or too much (the heavens opened on a walk SWMBO, Jerry and your faithful correspondent took)
  • Wind - not that kind, the take-the-sails-down wind that came with the January storm.
  • Wetas - the hot/wet/humid combo suits wetas and Jerry, helpfully, brought a few inside to bat around on the floor.
  • Opossum - whether climbing on the roof or making horrible noises outside the toilet window whenever I made a nighttime pit stop, it was an unnerving experience
  • Rats! I hate rats!! Either in the tool shed, or the old hay by the tractor, ratty came a calling.  I buried six in total. Take that! 
  • Titus Groan novels - keeping company with the creepy ratlike Steerpike during the summer was somehow weirdly appropriate!
Not my favourite season, summer. By a long chalk!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: