Sunday, April 25, 2021

Goodbye blackberry way. I can't see you, I don't need you. Goodbye blackberry way, sure to want me back another day (The Move)



Wie geht's?

Blackberry is one tough son of a gun.

For some reason it's charming when you come across it in England (calling it 'bramble' is also charming) but a miserable infestation when it's on your property in Nu Zild.

When we lived in Leigh-on-sea we would walk towards Hadleigh Castle with a bucket and pick blackberries from the bramble for a pie (in my memory Jacky and the girls made this). This doesn't happen at Maple Grove!

Yesterday, after repairing some deer fencing and clearing out the low hanging branches in the pine shelter belt, I decided to tackle a couple of persistent  blackberry spots. 

It always takes me ages. First, there's all the protective clothing, the double gloving, long sleeve shirts and the snipping away done very gingerly, and then the careful carrying to the wheelbarrow and the careful placing on the burn pile.

All while getting snagged multiple times and needing first aid from nurse Jacky for various cuts and abrasions.

Horrible stuff.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: