Saturday, January 22, 2022

It seems to be the fashion to say you're right and they are wrong (John Mayall)


Wie geht's?

And so, after two months, the physical labour at Maple Grove comes to an end with the last of the windows sanded and varnished. 

We've travelled clockwise around the house, starting out east with the kitchen dinner. Moving south to hallways, and bathrooms, west to two bedrooms, and finishing back east with our master bedroom.




In some ways I'm sad it's ending. After the initial shock, my body has adjusted and got fitter, losing a few kg in the process.

Painting is exercising mindfulness to a high degree, as it involves balancing on ladders, thinking about hazards and body movements, as well as focusing on the act of painting - loading the brush or roller carefully and applying the right amount of paint.

Now I'm gearing up for school starting back again on Monday with some travel to Auckland for meetings before Wednesday's teacher only day. Students are back on Thursday.

Very quickly, I'll be tired from the switch to mental activities.


Something that unites that transition will be my reading pile. It's grown over the break even though I've had time to read a couple of books. That's been very therapeutic!

I'm looking forward to getting back into more reading as part of my daily school routines.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: