Thursday, April 7, 2022

I got a rockin' pneumonia and a boogie woogie flu (Johnny Rivers)

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash


Wie geht's?

This has been an interesting week. I tested positive for covid-19 on Monday morning.

This doesn't feel like anything special anymore - as in, it's rampant through NZ communities now, and, of course, the world is pretty bored with Covid-19 by this stage.  

For what it's worth:

As a vulnerable Boomer, I'd been keen to get triple vaxed a.s.a.p., so I got a mild dose of Omicron, but even covid light knocked me around - sore throat, fever, runny nose, cough. All pretty much happened simultaneously.

Day 2 and 3 were the worst but things have improved since the fever broke and the nose has now dried up (after sneezing my way through a whole box of tissues).

What I'm noticing now on day 4 and 5 is how little energy I have. A simple walk to the outside rubbish bin leaves me puffing. I've been self-isolating and working from home during all this and checking emails and writing reports has been about the limit of my energy reserves. Now it's just a heavy, meh, feeling.

This too shall pass.

As I keep reminding myself, any day above ground is a good day.

Plus, glass half full - the good thing is that I've had it and can get back on life's crazy train.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: