Monday, October 7, 2024

Above the blue and windy sea, when I come home to you, San Francisco your golden sun will shine for me (Tony Bennett)



Wie geht's?

Some great sport happening for me at the moment, and I'm not just talking about Arsenal F.C. in the Premier League.

Being on holiday on a Monday means a chance to overdose on NFL games. There were some beauties this week - some really close games that went down to the last seconds.

The San Francisco 49ers played the Arizona Cardinals in the crazy heat of Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara and Brock Purdy was awesome throughout the game, except for the last minute and a half, when he threw an interception.

That means after 5 games the 49ers have won 2, lost 3. Shock horror!!

Steelers (3 and 1) up next versus the Cowboys (2 and 2).

Being a fan of the 49ers is natural, given my love for the city by the bay (and Brock Purdy is the star Quarterback), but Steeler love goes way back to last century - living in Wakefield and the Sivak family. 

Come on Steelers!!

Love and peace - Wozza

P.S. Boo hiss - the Steelers also lost in the last minutes of their game (17 - 20). Although neither of my teams looks like Superbowl contenders, it was great to watch those games, and I'll be following their progress closely.

No comments: