Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm seeing a new world of people and things, hear paupers and peasants and princes and kings (Bob Dylan).

Adam joined us on our Middle Eastern adventure for a couple of weeks of R and R. We made a few excursions: he joined me for a school staff BBQ, a visit to Abu Dhabi's Grand Mosque, a camel ride in the desert, a trip to the Al Ain zoo and a well preserved fortress were some of the highlights, as well as the various malls, Jabeel Hafeet and Dubai's aquarium.

A selection of snaps indicates what we've been up to.












The lengthy camel ride left me fairly sore. I'm not a rider that's for sure! I managed to end up on the lead camel which made taking photographs a death defying prospect while staying aboard. Comfort suffered along the way. I managed to walk around school the day after - only just mind.

We did this on a farm by the Hili oasis - on the outskirts of Al Ain - which is about 30 mins away from our home. Farm life is a tad different here as you can see!



Love and peace - Abu Keegan bin Graham (Wozza)

No comments: