Sunday, September 11, 2011

She's a slice of heaven (Dave Dobbyn and Herbs)

We had a real kiwiana weekend in Dubai: I was keen to get an All Black jersey for supporting the team while the rugby world cup was on back in Aotearoa so we went to Go Sport in the Dubai Mall (it was also haircut weekend - that's why we were in the mall). They had a good range of shirts and so we got one each.

Yes - Jacky got one too. I can picture the kuds with their mouths open wide in shock coz they've never (ever) seen their mother in a football shirt let alone a Nu Zild All Black one. But it's true (and she wears it well - much better than me - Sonny Bill I ain't).

We did our usual perambulations around the mall (a new Virgin Megastore has opened so you know where I spent my time) and for lunch we stopped off at the BurgerFuel section of the food court.

It was great to get a taste of home (100% NZ beef) and talk to the staff there (some of whom are kiwis).

They have a prime location in the food court overlooking the skating rink three levels below!

The other kiwi highlight was, of course, watching the opening of the rugby world cup in my hometown of Auckland. The All Blacks added the cherry on top by playing well and beating Tonga in the opening game.

Jacky and I have a flying visit to NZ coming up this week for some family business (flying out on Friday 16th Sept). We are away from Al Ain for a week so I'm sure we'll catch the footie fever even more when we are there and maybe we can get the real deal BurgerFuel at a place in the Hawke's Bay or Palmerston North, inshallah.

 Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: