Thursday, November 5, 2015

You could say she has an individual style (Jefferson Airplane)

In praise of: The London Underground

I've just finished London Under by Peter Ackroyd and it didn't put me off the London Underground at all!

Ackroyd's book is about all sorts of things that exist under London, the Tube is only one chapter but he doesn't appear to be a fan.



Unlike me. I love the Tube!

The buskers! 
The smell ( and yes I know it's made up of grotty stuff but I still love it)! 
The iconic architecture! 
The egalitarianism! 
The history! 
The constant movement! 
The anonymity! 
The quirky announcements! 
The map! 
The poems! 
The Oyster cards!

I love it all! 

Can't wait to get back to it in December.

Love and peace - Wozza

P.S. check out these great photos of the Underground from the 50's and 60's.

No comments: