Tuesday, May 22, 2018

It will help us every day, it will brighten all the way if we'll keep on the sunny side of life (The Carter Family)


Wie geht's?

Relentless positivity is the place to be (baby).

It's a phrase I heard from Jacinda Ardern during her recent (successful) campaign to win election. She got my vote!

I've adopted the phrase because I can relate - relentless being of the 'never give up' variety.

Luckily, apples never fall far from the tree. When I was growing up, my mother's sunny disposition and positive, pin your ears back, attitude was what I saw every day.

Optimism and a can do attitude can go a long way. They can also aggravate some people.

Rather than saying  'Regards from Karen', a colleague of mine signs off her emails - 'Rainbows and sunshine'. Some of my staff are annoyed by that. Go figure. 

The poem you're about to fall in love with is of the moment - autumnal changes can be seen as negative to some (all that leaf decomposition I suppose) but I love autumn. 

It clears away the old, ready for all that new growth in spring.



New Rooms

The mind must
set itself up
wherever it goes
and it would be
most convenient
to impose its
old rooms—just
tack them up
like an interior
tent. Oh but
the new holes
aren’t where
the windows
went.

Kay Ryan (2015)




Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: