Saturday, June 16, 2018

Football is about joy (Ronaldinho)

Wie geht's?

Four games into the FIFA World Cup 2018 and I'm hooked, baby!

I can't understand who wouldn't be but sometimes I come across supposed sports fans who are ignorant of the joys of football (a.k.a. 'soccer' in Nu Zild). 

And I really don't get those blinkered attitudes from dinosaur NZ rugby fans who still turn their nose up at the beautiful game.

Ar well - boy, is it their loss!

So far, they've missed five glorious moments in the opening game from Russia, late drama in the Morocco and Egypt losses and a six goal stunner from Portugal and Spain.


Hard to know who to root for in that one - Cristiano Renaldo and Sergio Ramos are hard to like. 

In the end the teams canceled each other out but not before Ronaldo hit an amazing free kick and Nacho volleyed in a wonder strike from outside the penalty area for Spain.

Sixty games to go (as I write). Get in!!!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: