Tuesday, June 5, 2018

I'm going down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand (Muddy Waters)


Wie geht's?

The problem (part 1 of 3): being what to do with a couple of hundred copies of Mojo magazine that I've collected over the last 20 years. That's a lot of magazines. They are heavy and they would take up a lot of space in a storage locker when we go to the UK in August.

The problem (part 2 of 3): as my colleague, Liz, correctly identified recently - I'm obsessive compulsive with wanting to preserve the complete set of Mojos (from issue one until now with a few annoying gaps along the way).

The problem (part 3 - collect the set): I've been firmly embracing a tidy up mission thanks to that Marie Kondo book that Mandy lent me. If a possession doesn't bring me joy I need to get rid of it. But I couldn't face throwing out all those Mojos man!

Solution: It seems obvious but the solution came to my fevered brain at 2am a few days ago. Embrace the fact that I'll never fill those annoying gaps of missing issues; pull out and keep only the issues that bring me joy.

So far I have a pile of Mojos with Beatle related covers and a second pile of issues I'll read again (100 best albums ever type of thing).

Now I just need to see if someone is interested in taking the rest off my hands.

Literally, a weight has been lifted!

Love and peace and groovy baby - Wozza

No comments: