Sunday, June 10, 2018

Sometimes they found it, sometimes they kept it, often lost it along the way (Jack Bruce)


Wie geht's?

Having spent another weekend throwing away stuff, I can't pretend I've got the Marie Kondo tidying gig licked yet.

This weekend saw us saying goodbye to Myrtle, our faithful Massey Ferguson 1940's tractor - sold to a parent from my school. The Minister of Defence (father-in-law Brian Smith) did a lot of work to her recently and she was going beautifully but it needed to be done.

And disposing of four boxes of unwanted Mojo magazines. Real Groovy didn't want them (only copies of Record Collector hold their value apparently), nor did The Piggery second hand bookshop.

So I donated them to the local second hand shop in Maungaturoto.

Neither action felt like much of a wrench. The initial pleasures I derived from these objects is enough.

Then I got stuck into my books again and hauled four boxes to The Piggery. She bought two box loads and I'll donate the rest (some Beatle books among them).

Again - didn't feel like any kind of betrayal to my past (I've stored and moved all this stuff around many times over the years).

I feel I'm almost there with the books, however, I've felt that before.

CDs are next. SWMBO thinks I should get rid of them all but that's not true, that's impossible.

But I am being more brutal this time out. And it's amazing how the pile is growing.

Update coming next post!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: