Monday, March 4, 2019

I think I want to reconnect with the self I left behind (Tracey Thorn)


Wie geht's?

If you look closely, you'll notice Tracey Thorn's third book (Another Planet) in my 'to-be-read-before-we-leave-England' pile pictured above.

This pile is constantly being added to (Liar Liar by James Patterson - got sucked into the advertising: meet the female Jack Reacher) and having items removed (finished the underwhelming Eric Idle Sortabiography - he spends more time documenting parties and name dropping famous friends for my liking).

Tracey Thorn is the real deal though.

Here she is in the preface (the preface!) nailing my current feelings precisely:
I think I want to reconnect with the self I left behind. It's partly that common impulse of curiosity - which informs a TV programme like Who Do You Think You Are? or a song like 'Where Do You Go To My Lovely?' I want to look inside my head and remember just where I came from.
Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: