Thursday, April 18, 2019

Reflections of the way life used to be (The Supremes)


Wie geht's?

Me? Box of fluffy ducks.

While the LOML has been engaged in horse activities with her friend during the last few days in Hawke's Bay, I have been revisiting some old record shop haunts. 

Napier is well stocked with a quality record shop in Just For The Record. When I went to visit, they had moved location, but I tracked them down, and was very happy I did.

They had a copy of an album that I owned in 1969 but stupidly sold at some point along the way. Not only that but it (The Hollies' Reflection) only cost me $15 and was in mint condition (unlike the average copy I'd seen last week in a Hastings' shop for $50).

So, I can warmly recommend Just For The Record.

The actual album is a weird one: it comes from 1965 and didn't have any hits on it, and then was re-released in a stereo version in 1969. Which was when I came across it as an impressionable 12 year old. It entered my world because it was on a budget label and I was keen on the pop sounds of the Hollies.

It's so good to have an old friend back in the collection.

Love and peace - The Wozz

No comments: