Thursday, June 27, 2019

That afternoon is one of the happiest memories of my life (Viv Albertine)

Wie geht's?

I'm really enjoying Viv's second volume of her memoirs.

She is one brave feisty inspirational character!

This bit, page 148 - the page I'm up to, is about a memory - when she returned to see her grandmother's house and is worth repeating here as it made me reflect on my grandmother (not as emotionally cold as Viv's but still an odd fish) and my happiest afternoon memories.

Vida is her daughter btw.
Vida and I played with the drifts of fallen blossom for an hour, tossing them in the air like confetti, piling them into heaps, constructing castles and pathways and tucking them into our hair. That afternoon is one of the happiest memories of my life.
I love that she transforms the fraught grandmother experiences into a joyous occasion with her daughter.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: