Monday, July 29, 2019

Looking over from my hotel window, blue dots and red dots skating away in the park (Yoko Ono)

Photo by Clint Patterson on Unsplash
Wie geht's?

Me? Okay. Ish. Sitting in a hotel room in Gisborne. 

Trying hard to find something worth watching on TV. 

I'm not a fan of my own company. Never have been.

Dinner was at a place called The Works. Reviews were encouraging so I went. The fish dish I wanted was off the menu. A bad sign. But I was sitting down and committed by that stage, wasn't I. 

The alternative, Risotto, was average. Just.

Eating alone isn't a whole bunch of fun at any time, it must be said.

I didn't bother with dessert.

So here I am. Writing this and projecting forward to tomorrow: back to Hawke's Bay and dinner with Jacky. I have a hankering for something simple. Maybe a nice omelette.

Love and peace - WNP

No comments: