Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Someday, everything is gonna be smooth like a rhapsody, when I paint my masterpiece (Bob Dylan)

Photo by David Pisnoy on Unsplash
Wie geht's?

Aches and pains. That's what.

I guess it's a sign of my advancing years, but I notice that various small aches can develop overnight or from repetitive actions like using a chainsaw. And be harder to shake these days. Go figure!

Activities contributing to this around Maple Grove of late have been prepping and painting the first coat in the spare room. That was going to be Asher's room but is now slotted down to be my music lounge. The existing music lounge will swap and become Asher's bedroom.

This all makes sense (as well as swapping our bedroom with the guest bedroom): 

  • The (new) music lounge has dual aspect windows that don't accommodate a double bed but is perfect as a lounge
  • Jade/William's room will now be darker, and opposite Asher's room
  • Jacky has been frustrated that we weren't in the lighter/sunnier front bedroom since we moved in
  • The new master bedroom has the blue couch for reading each night
  • The huge mirror from the (new) music lounge works better in the main lounge
  • Plus - it got us motivated to redecorate the one room that hasn't been touched in what, judging by the old wallpaper patterns, looks like twenty years. A few bits of old wallpaper had been removed by the previous owner so it really needed remedial action!

So my painting muscles and calves have had a work out with all the ladder manoeuvrings. 

This long weekend will complete the changeover (Friday is Hawke's Bay Anniversary and Monday is Labour Day). That's exciting.

When improvements and changes happen, it's a great feeling!

However, I need to keep my aim in mind - to pace myself a bit more and build in recovery times!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: