Tuesday, November 12, 2019

I should be on that train and gone, I should be ridin' on that train to San Antone (The Monkees)

Wie geht's?

Box of fluffies - thanks for asking!

This one's about Radio Wozza Wozza Wozza.

It plays on my ipod during the daily commute along Highway 50 to Hastings and the OneSchool Global site. Remember?

Recently I ditched all the music on it from the UK and started again. Aim: all killer, no filler.

So I concentrated on loading all my Greatest Hits albums and then my favourite albums of all time.

Woh Nelly!!! It. Is. Awesome.

But anyway, as I pootled along today a Monkees song came on as I charged downward towards Maraekakaho.

Specifically, What Am I Doing Hangin' 'round, sung brilliantly by Mike Nesmith.




Instantly, and for an fleeting instant, I was back in the Auckland Town Hall earlier this year, sitting with my mates Gregarious and the Kevinator, watching Mike and Mikey.

Sheer bliss; big grin on my face. Did I sing along? Oh boy oh boy, did I!!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: