Wednesday, December 11, 2019

What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul (Neil Gaiman)

Next few weeks (reading) matter from Little Red Book Shop and Whitcoulls
Wie geht's?

Bookshops. I'm a big fan. From long ago and far away, I've always loved bookshops. And libraries.

I can very distinctly remember visiting the Onehunga library when I was a wee nipper.

But especially really good bookshops (which means my local PaperPlus and Whitcoulls in Hawke's Bay no longer qualify). With that said, pleasingly, I picked up Patti Smith's Year Of The Monkey from the Palmerston North version of Whitcoulls.

And I especially love second hand bookshops, like my latest squeeze - the Little Red Book Shop in Hastings.

The lucky dip aspect appeals to me greatly. I can waltz in with nothing in mind and waltz out with a book or three very easily. As I did today.

I do miss trawling around The Piggery in Whangarei, but LRBS does me nicely, thank you very much.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: