Saturday, December 21, 2019

Christmas, baby please come home (Darlene Love)


Wie geht's?

Jacky has never been one for having family photos in the house. Never.

So, to say I was perplexed when she bought one of those multi display frames in England during our recent stay, would be very low down in the proclamation stakes (erm, yes - an understatement).

Anyway, she did. I raised an eyebrow, but the deed was done.

For the last 8 months the display board has been hanging in the kitchen diner, in its original factory fresh state. 

Many times during those 8 months I inquired as to the purpose of said board. Jacky's repeated reply? She was going to download some recent pictures of the Purdettes from her phone.

This never happened. 

So - taking the bull by the horns (and btw - by using that expression I am IN NO WAY implying that the love of my life (LOML) should be considered either a bull or someone with bullish tendencies, intractable, feisty when riled or any of that sort of thing): I decided to test the waters and put some old(er) pictures of the family in the board and see what happened, in a light-the-touchpaper-and-stand-well-back kind of way.

My first cut was met with some grudging approval but LOML's complaint was that I'd included pictures of the Purdettes and herself but left me out.

So, here's the second cut: Keegan appears twice; Adam twice; Samantha twice; Jade three times; me, Asher and LOML once each.

No pictures were harmed in the construction (as per LOML conditions) and I think the whole thing looks super cool!

And it's only taken 35 years to get family pictures on display!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: