Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Salaam alaikum (peace be upon you)

Wie geht's?


Various things like lockdowns, working from home, and increased family contact with zooms, have given me time to reflect on elements of the past.

That explains why the kids pictures and the caricatures my former students have drawn, have appeared of late.

I sense this theme is going to continue for some time this year as the Covid-19 battle rages on offshore. Nostalgia plays its part to relieve stress.

For the next few posts I thought I'd concentrate on a batch of photos and memories from my picture archive.

At random, today's post is concentrating on...a folder with some snaps from my time as Lead Advisor at Ali bin Ali Taleb School in Al Foah (Al Ain, UAE). 

We're talking 2012.

These were taken at a taboor (an assembly that took place around 7ish each day - before the day's heat got really cracking; for that reason school finished at 1pm each day).

We are caught frozen in time, giving out some maths certificates. I know this because Jan Thomas was the maths advisor at that time, and the guys joining me and Principal Mohammed were the maths teachers.








These were great caring people - the relationships between the boys and the teachers were a great example to us, and our friendships remain - thanks to facebook.

I hope everyone is well back in Al Ain.

Love and peace - Abu Keegan (a.k.a. Mr Warren)

No comments: